Logo

Logo

Sunday 20 March 2016

Latvian Folk Dancing "No Saknēm līdz galotnēm augt"

This sunday there was on-live one of my favourites events that this culture centre usually hosts: a folk show. 
And this time there was a BIG audience. It was completely full!

So yeah, the folk feeling of dancing and singing is in the soul of the inhabitants. The show was short (just 1 hour) but I really love the folk dancing of this country, althought it´s too "on couples" maybe, but it´s not precisely a problem but more a curious fact.

Oh! and this time there was even a presenter explaining each of the numbers! Of course, the show was more complet and, I would say, more skilled and challenging than in the previous folk dance events:
Aside of presenter there was even an on-live orchestra! but as my camera got out of battery during the time I was here I couldn´t took a good photo of it.





As more I have assisted to more folk dances I realise that most of them are danced by couples and groups, but groups that form couples. Also, the music is usually happy or brave in other times


When it starts in groups...

...they end in couples. Anytime you see a performance starting with a group of just boys or just girls, just wait, because they will end dancing in couples with a person from the other sex holding their hands. Also making it in groups as we can see in the photos. It´s very joyful.





But yeah, this was a very good concert. Short but the music and the dances were very good...and joyful! like spring coming throught them!


No comments:

Post a Comment