Logo

Logo

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Carnival concert in Senior Centre

As supposedly you know, this week is carnival and St.Valentine´s. In most of the world...at least in Latvia, yes. Well, in the Senior center of Valmiera there has been a special event for the venerable men and women of said centre. The bes difference I saw (and I always see) is that here they give a good fact to the seasons, as they usually represent them; I remind that Christmas for Latvia it´s more like "celebration of the winter" rather than the common christian root, or when summer arrives, Latvia will have a big celebration of the coming of summer. Here some photo testimony:

Basically the event was split like this:
-Concert with chorus and orchestra.
-Dancing performance.
-Concert again.
-The dancing.
And so on.


Instruments were saxs, an electric keyboard and the human voices, so you can get the picture of the music. Normal 3rd age music but in latvian, exactly.


We had a particular guest here! and it was me who opened the door (accidentally).

The first performance. Dressing in white and being winter this cannot mean another thing, right? yep, "ziena" dance.


And you can see the snowman surrounded by the rest of the winter.

And here is the public. The room is a small one. After all, it´s a performance in a local Senior house, not Riga´s opera!

This one is a couple dancing actually, with the rest of componest making a guided company.

White is getting clorful, cause it´s dissapearing.

Now winter gives place to a warmer thing and the dancers are more colorfully clothed...and some of them dressed for carnival. But this is more like in the last performance.

And the last performance I could stay (I had to go to another demands)! It was like the previous one but about animals, wearing the dancers animal hats, mostly farm animals. That was the funniest part actually due a more interaction with the public and being more random such some dancers doing the sound of its respective animal, being it more like a theatre (a random one) rather than a dancing but still.
As I have been asked of being more subjective in my articles I will give an opinion about the event...althought I consider myself as someone who already gives enough opinions...but anyway here it goes. It´s fine to give to the oldest people, or at least those who reside in the residence, some event occasionally taking advantage of different and marked dates. Althought simple, it´s still fine to give them some good time. The only setback is that it was soon (10:30), well, couldn´t be at the afternoon? I think 3rd age people would prefer it...ok, I would prefer it! but anyway, as they actually wish, maybe the elder men and women like it better at morning, but I´m just wondering.
Ok...I think I gave sufficient open opinion.
Ok, finish it!

2 comments:

  1. This event looks great and full of fun to me. I am glad that you shared all this here. I am also planning for a small get-together at one of best local party venues and really excited about that. Not sure how I am going to arrange everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try. If it´s not as you wished then keep trying to fullfil your project parties!

      Delete