Logo

Logo

Sunday 15 May 2016

Session in the forge

Yesterday we head to Cēsis (an old friend) to have a meeting between several heads and deputies of the latvian culture investigation, attending in the forge of Mister Daumants Kalnins, a traditionalist blacksmith who also is part of the Cēsis´ Castle crew, showing and making several of the ornaments emulating the ancient jewelry of the latgalians.
  So that it was, people gathering telling their stories, backgrounds. As they were from the latvian culture field there were songs, storytelling and some joke poetry as well. I wasn´t able to tell my legend from my village (it was already hard to introduce myself, so imagine) but still there was enough people to fill the place of voices and enough food to eat.
The forge

Gathering the group, some of them wearing something more traditional than contemporary.


Mr.Daumants Kalnins pleased by the visit.




And some check I made through the place as my curiosity started to grow. Where I saw some history about the life and culture in the ages in Latvia before the arrving of Archbishop Albert, copies and originals of latgalian women´s ornaments,

No comments:

Post a Comment