Logo

Logo

Saturday 12 December 2015

Christmas Chorus evening

Today (too) there were two concerts in Valmiera. Both related about the Christmas (I remind that during this month the city will sing a lot, as I say) and with human voices as protagonists.
Valmiera´s Catholic Church was the first place which hosted chorus concerts where the groups "Valmiera" and "Latgale" sang several songs about...Christmas. Yes, I think I said it already:



First the group "Valmiera" sang the songs and then "Laipa" group:





I got to mention again but the music and particulary the chorus are a very part for welcoming Christmas here. This is the most notorious fact you will find if you come to Vidzeme, at least.


And later, at the lutheran church (St.Simon´s) the chorus groups "Ausma", "Dzīne" and "Imanta" sang several popular Christmas songs too:
Here´s the program, to keep everything clear.



The first chorus group had the aid of a small organ.









No comments:

Post a Comment